Thursday, June 01, 2006


SHOW THEM YOUR BIBLE!

We often talk about ageism issues up club, generally on Tuesdays nights. We have spoken about boycotting Woolworths as too many young people were being followed around like criminals by security gaurds. We have also talked about filming young people walking into stores at the same time as adults and find out who will get followed (finally something good to talk about on watchdog).

Just the other week i was on my way to the afternoon service at my church when i realised that i needed to go into Somerfields as it would have been closed by the time church finished. Rushing into the supermarket quickly, as i was late for church, i had my bible in a recycled Somerfields bag and i looked around for some gel. When i could not find the gel i made my way out of the shop passing the store guard as i walked out. As i got outside it was pouring down with rain so i decided to run. A few moments later i realised there was a big built man chasing after me, shouting "stop". I then stopped to face the man and i realised it was the security gaurd and he wanted to check my bag incase i had "stolen something". I then gave him my bag and he pulled out a bible and looked up at me in question, i mearly told him

"its my bible and im going to church"

he replied " oh, sorry boss"

He then turned his head to see two mothers passing by giving him evil looks as he just stopped a young boy on his way to church. I found it rather amuzing. He then gave me back my bible and made his way back to his post, i began to walk to church as there was no need to run, i was already soaked. So next time you get pulled up, show them your bible and you should be fine.

1 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, Blogger Keeley said...

i think that the guard should be ashamed really because it didnt really sound as if u stole ne fing really. and its cool that u had u bible in there coz he cant really say ne fing to that can lol.... keep up the gd site... love keeley..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home