Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Join Me!

A few weeks ago I was outside Books etc. with Nick. I was telling him how I had a £10 voucher and didn't no what book to get. I wanted to buy that book about saying yes more that Roz goes on about all the time but didn't know the title or author so was too embarrased to ask.

Friday, and Nick borrowed me a book called Join Me by Danny Wallace. Seeing as I already had two books on the go at once it was very unlikely I would be getting round to reading it anytime soon. That Night I picked up the book and thought I would read the first chapter, just to see if it was worthing leaving on my desk or dumping it on the shelf. Within pages of reading and having a laugh I was hooked. I just finished it last night and was sad to leave it behind. The Story is of a man called Danny Wallace who starts a cult (*ahem* collective) by accident by putting an add in the Loot telling people to Join him. He thought it would be a laugh and joining consisted of sending one photo to his address. Out of the blue he got a reply to his add and within months he had a massive cult (*ahem* collective) up and running. Hundreads of people were Joining him and as part of being in the cult (*ahem* collective) you had to do good deeds every Friday. The Karma Army (Joinees) soon grew to 1000.

Danny Wallace is just an average guy like me and you, well no, he's not an average guy and niether are me or you, anyway,and only lives in Bow. I really don't wanna blabber on about the book too much but its a must read. If you don't wanna read it though why not join up and do good deeds every Friday.

Check the website - HERE

Like I said, its a must read so read it. Thanks Nick for recommending it!

2 Comments:

At 2:45 AM, Blogger Roz Lynch said...

It is really funny...remember when Gordon talked about it soon after it came out? I wish I had read it then. Danny Wallace is the same guy who wrote - Yes Man, The amazing tale of what happens when you decide to say Yes - which is the name of the book...and the book based on Join Me - Random Acts of Kindness...Summer I read Yes Man (convincing my mum I was losing it because I was laughing to myself alot) and I only read Join Me after I hinted to Tom to get it for my birthday in October - I need another uplifting book...help...the energy drinks don't work no more

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Thomas said...

I gave up on the energy lifting drinks about 3 weeks ago. I need an uplifting book too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home