Sunday, December 10, 2006

Trust...!

I've been keeping count. 7 times this week I have walked into a shop and had the security guard follow. Twice I told the same security guard in Woolworths that I'm not a thief but still he persists to stalk me. 3 times this week whilst standing at Somerfields checkout the person or persons infront of me would take a look at me, see that Im young and scruffy then make sure they cover their hand whilst typing in their chip and pin, then look back up to see if I had got a glimpse.

I have come to a conclusion. If people trustesd eachother more then the world might be put to rights. So I have decide to trust people more. My first test from GOD wasn't very big, but this is how it goes:

Woman: Can I buy this dress
Me: You know what, eventhough I work on this stall I don't actually know the prices. You will have to wait for my boss to get back.
Woman: Well its a fiver, my mate just bought one, but I dont mind waiting for Trisha to return. How long will she be.
Me: About 5 minutes!!

This woman had a child in a pram with her and it was rather cold outside so I felt rather guilty making her wait!

Me: Well I believe in trusting people, so I'll take your word for it.
Woman: Thanks, honestly my mate just bought one for a fiver.

Turns out it was a fiver. Perhaps trusting people a bit more is the key to everlasting peace!

1 Comments:

At 9:56 PM, Blogger Sarah YEAH? said...

great story. cant believe people suspect you of a thief! i guess its one of those things that will never have a clear answer to me!

...i have learnt to trust more! (so yes i turt people when they call me 24stone lol)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home