Friday, December 15, 2006

Ignorance!

Growing up in a generation where insulting your freinds and everyone around you is the way to go and racial stigma is just a joke, it is very annoying when every five minutes of the day (metaphorically speaking) you have to explain to people how what they are saying offends people and they shouldnt say it.

It has seemed to become a norm to many people that reffering to someone who makes a general mistake as a "retard" or "spastic" is just something that is OK. Where saying that someone should Fcuk Off because they are black is somewhat a joke and not racist. I don't know about you but I don't find it funny. I mean a jokes a joke but reffering to people as "retards" and different racial penalizing and name calling is an insult to all the people who faught so that words like that are now deemed socially unacceptable, well so I thought.

In Humanities today we were discussing mental health and the stigma surrounding it. 1/6 of us will at one stage or another in our lives seek some kind of theropy or couselling. Most of us will feel depressed and some of us will even have a nervous breakdown.

A dream - "I want to be able to walk into a pub and say 'I have been mentally ill', and for them to say 'That's interesting, what did you learn?'". (A 'survivor' of the system)

Only if the world was a bit more understanding!

1 Comments:

At 2:57 PM, Blogger Thomas said...

Well I'm sorry to have to say this about a good mate of mine but that is the ignorance I am talking about!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home