Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Does Man deserve to be saved?!
Last night i went to the cinema with Craig and Kelly. At first me and Kelly didn't really want to go see lady in the water because it was a PG and we wanted to go see a scary film, what a shock we was in for. Lady in the Water should be atleast a 12A and i mean it, i jumped out my seat.
One bit i will always remember about the film is when the care taker was having a conversation with one of the residents in an appartment and out of the blue the resident asked this question:
Does Man deserve to be saved?
The care taker replied optomistic with a "yes". Sometimes i'm angry with the
world and feel pessimistic and don't think we deserve to be saved. I mean just think about what we've done to the world:
We've created the Atom Bomb!
We've created a racist society!
We allow poverty to escalate!
A third of our world is at War!
We allow murderers, rapists and other terrible people to continue their ways!
We allow young boys and girls to be human trafficked!
We allow mass genocide to take place!
We allow the rain forest to be destroyed!
The sad thing is this list could go on and on!
There is days when I pray to God that he guides us away from the path of evil and into the path of righteousness. Theres days where i just feel like giving up. There is days when i have hope and there is days when i have doubt. Today i have hope! and this is why:
Luke 4: 18-20 "The Lord has put his Spirit in me, because he appointed me to tell the Good News to the poor. He sent me to tell the captives they are free and to tell the blind that they can see again. God sent me to free those who have been treated unfairly and to announce the time when the Lord will show his kindness"
Sometimes hope is all I have. Sometimes faith in God is all I have, but I bet no one could measure the infinitive size that faith in God is!

7 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Blogger Rhonda Hayes said...

A quick comment to Josh, (hope you don't mind me answering the question Thomas.) Man does not have the power to redeem people, that is God's work. All we can do is try to point them in the right direction.

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Sarah YEAH? said...

the world sounds such an evil place when you list all that we have done to the world! despite all that i do feel there is more good than bad in the world. and i do think man deserves to be saved as with guidance form others we can help make the worlds a better place

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Roz Lynch said...

your pic
Someone headin in the right direction needs a pic for his blog profile...what about this one?

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Thomas said...

Emma and Sarah:

You're right about thinking about the posotive things over the bad. I think last night i had one of them moments when you feel so angry with the world and just brush away the good things!

Josh:

Im with Rhonda on that question but i do think man can be redeemed!

Rhonda:

This is blogland, feel free to write whatever you want to whoever you want!

Im not too fussed really!

And ROZ!

I can't beleive you put that photo of me up there! The funny thing is, i might consider using it!

Thanks guys for the optomistic comments. My post did seem quite pessimistic!

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Roz Lynch said...

I love the pic..its so u...full of life and ready for anything...its perfect for your blog profile...I wouldn't have sent it to u otherwise...or of course there is the one with u shivering on the edge of the pool trying to convince urself to jump in...maybe u wanna use that...(probably not)

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Thomas said...

To be honest Roz, it is so me!

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Thomas said...

Noooooooooooooooooooo!

I tried to upload it and it sad there is illegal characters so wont upload!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home