Sunday, October 01, 2006

Sunday School...

I got to church at 10.30 today. I felt tired. Or could have just been saying I was tired even though I wasn't. Haven't quite worked that one out yet. I walked into an empty hall, well with about 3 other usual faces. I wanted to walk out again. But all of a sudden about 20 people fluxed into the church. 20 happy faces. A group from Greg House came stumbling in there numbers. Every week a new guy would join and just like the others who have progressed so much, you just know that they will turn their life around. Its quite insparing.

The hall is flurishing now. Everyone gets up out of their seats to greet eachother again and sing joyful songs. A guy from Greg House has a dry throat so I show him to the kitchen and get him a glass of water. We shared names and then returned to our seats.

Sue is trying to tell me something I think its a joke so although I can't here her I just smile. She calls me over and my smile colapses. Its my turn to do Sunday School. Me and Christine take the kids upstairs, there ages ranging from 16 months to about 5 years. Im now quite glad to be doing Sunday School, the kids are fun! The funny thing was though, we had no equipment. Now, now, how are we going to keep these children occupied. Christine is looking around for Bible stories and I try to keep their atention by playing patting games. 2 of the youngest kids run off screaming. This does not help. We then get them sitting up the table colouring in. Sorry Roz, I tried my best to get the pen of the tables. I think its all gone.

Well, after a long 45 minutes doing Sunday School, me and Christine are set free when it finally finishes. We were quite scared incase we were approached by parents who wanted to know what their child learned today. How to play conect four! I do enjoy Sunday School! But im free for a few weeks now!

4 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Blogger Wendy said...

It was lovely to hear that life at Poplar SA is going on as ever. We really missed being with you yesterday. give my love to everyone.

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Callummck said...

Sunday School, Sunday School
That's where we learn how God Use
Ordinary kids like me and you
That's why we go to Sunday School!!!

We used to sing that at our sunday school

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger Thomas said...

Awnser this question xian <:))<>

When you were 16 months old, did you want to sit down on the carpet and listen to stories about Jesus or run around screaming.

Im 15 and I would still prefer the screaming lol!

I always used to love Sunday school. Thanks for the comment.

BTW...I really enjoy reading your blog!!!

WENDY! WE MISS YOU TOO! BUT IM THE LUCKY ONE! I GET TO SEE YOU AT SAD!

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Sarah YEAH? said...

i'm lucky too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home