Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Merry Christmas 2006!

Its Boxing Day and I have had a lay in. 2pm I woke up today. 2pm! The biggest lay in I have had all year! Well I know Christmas was yesterday but Merry Christmas everyone.

Yesterday (Xmas Day) was a great day for me and everyone I came acroos. Like around another 15 or so volunteers I spent most of my Christmas Day at The Salvation Army, along with 80 other people, mostly elderly who would other what be alone this Christmas.

I got to church at 9.20 Christmas Day after spending an hour with my family and I was on pick ups with Christine. We had 14 people to pick up and they all lived off Commercial Road so I knew it wouldnt take long, 45 minutes perhaps. Wr0ng I was. 2 hours!

Getting back to the hall just making the morning service I went and the joined the table of 8 people I was supposed to be hosting. Craig had kept everyone company for me while I was away and one particular woman was very happy to see me. Craig had told her I had ginger hair so she was looking forward to seeing it. She was quite disapointed to see the darkness of my gel. Sandra her name was and she like Dancing and disliked females in groups larger than 2 because they bitch too much. Then there was Alex. He taught me how to spell and say my name in Numbers:

20 8 15 13 1 19

I also met Tom and George, to old brothers who love each other very much. As they liked to tell me. Tom got a bit angry when he couldn't get a second bowl of soup and threatened to march right in the kitchen and get himself. There was also Bill who got up and played Bob Dylans Blowing in the wind for us. A right bunch of characters on my table including me and Craig!

Dinner time came round quick and we had a cycle going in the kitchen. Christine on the Patatoes to Sue on the Turkey to Rhonda's mum on the Parsnips to Christine on the Sprouts to Rhonda on the Carrots to me on the Sausages to Diane with the Gravy and finally passed onto the other volunteers who serve. Sorry To Rhonda's mother for forgetting your name.

Pudding came along and between me and Christine with all the volunteers serving we got that done in no time. There was seconds for Tom this time!

After a few performances from a bunch of people including Patrick who gave us his wonderful version of When The Saints Come Marching In. Followed by the Queens speech and a game of Bingo it was time for people to head of home. But before that Santa Clause gave us a visit and everyone recieved a present and a food parcel.

Dropping people off was much quicker. Record time with 40 minutes. It was nice to get a few thanks and to thank other people for making Christmas Day a great one.

Highlights:

  • Getting an ipod
  • Taking 30 minutes to find someones house
  • Having wacky conversations with people
  • Sid turning up!
  • My mum coming over for the sevice and finding herself in the kitchen offering her great skills!
  • My mum waiting till 5pm to have Christmas dinner with me (Just the two of us
  • Sitting down for 5 minutes just to observe the smiles on everyones face!


Happy Birthday Jesus...for yesterday!

2 Comments:

At 1:06 AM, Blogger Thomas said...

To anyone who read this post im sorry for the poor gramma!

I was tired and rushing!

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Callummck said...

Know it's nearly a bit late but this is quite good...

Happy Christmas God!
Happy Birthday Jesus!
Come to our Feasts!
Come to our Parties!
Come to our Celebrations!
Let us all enjoy being part of your family!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home