Thursday, August 24, 2006

' I'm oficially safe on the roads'
The title is sarcastic by the way. Today was the final day of getting my bike geared up. Systems check, new hand grips, new bike chain, new lights, new speed and time counter and a big fat mushroom head helmet.

This morning i had to drive down to Stratford to pick up my new helmet at Argos. It wasn't there so a freind got it for me at another Argos store. From Stratford i had to drive strait to Cable Street for the radio production and straight from Cable Street i had to ride to Victoria Park to pick up my helmet at my mates house and sort something out for them. It was a busy day on my bike.

Driving down Commercial road to Cable Street, i was cycling in the bus lane when a black car suddenly overtook me to turn onto another street causing me to jam my breaks and nearly tumble over the handle bars. For a second i wondered whether it was my fault i nearly smashed into this car but after a few seconds of reviewing what just happened i realised that i done nothing wrong and the driver in the black car was in the wrong. This driver did not in any way let me know they wanted to turn. They didn't slow down in anyway and begin to swap into the same as me. They just cut me up and in many senses could have knocked me down. I was so angry with this driver that i felt like going after them and pulling them up about what just happened or even just get their license number. Sadly they were out of sight before i got my mind strait.

I've narrowed the identity of the car and the driver down to: a male or a female with a mustache. It was a black car. The driver had gelled spiky hair and was wearing either a green, blue, white or bright orange t-shirt. If you manage to identify the car or driver then please take the licence number for me. Vengance will be mine!!

5 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Blogger Roz Lynch said...

lol...sorry - love the moustache bit...it was probably a false one...or one of the chuckle brothers...or did they have 118 written anywhere...

good though to hear u have everything sorted safety-wise...cos we don't want anything happening to u Moose...btw I can take a pic of u in your cycle helmet for ur blog if ud like.

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Thomas said...

Lol ok that will be a laugh. Me the moose with a big moose head!

I really do look like the biggest idiot with it on!

I picked it up from my mates house and had to drive home with it...i was so embarassed that i stuck it in my bag!

I'll use it on the dangerous roads!

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Sarah YEAH? said...

u shouldn't be embarassed 4 caring about your life! lol

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Thomas said...

You know i won't blame you Emma!

Thanks Sarah for the advise, someone like you who gets 1 A*, 5 A's, 3 B's and Just 1 C should be writing a book on advise about how to pass GCSE's. I would buy it!!

Oh and BTW for the record....Well Done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger Sarah YEAH? said...

fanx thomas, great idea!... i'm working on the book!

but its gonna take a while to get published so in the mean time feel free to ask me for help or advise at any time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home