Sunday, January 14, 2007

The Last King Of Scotland!

Having a Scotish father, this isn't a story I am too unfamiliar with.

I watched The Last King Of Scotland in the cinema today and I must say, sometimes my dads "History Lectures" can actually be correct. Now thats something!

A story of a Scotish guy going to Ughanda to help at a village hospital ends up treating President Idi Amin and soon becoming his number one adviser. From a President who wanted peace and change for poor Ughandans soon showed his real side; brutal, racist and psychopathic.

One part of the film that made the whole cinema burst out laughing and Craig pointing at me and reminding everyone I had red hair was:

"Back in Scotland your women might find red hair attractive but here in Africa, we think its disgusting!"

Appart from being on the bottom row of seats, I felt like the lowest person in the cinema.

Touching on the subject, here is something I read from a newspaper today about Republic of Congo's President:

"The Republic of Congo's President spent over £200,000 in a New York hotel last week. Thats over twice the amount of money Britain sent in Aid"

Did he spend too much, Or did we send too little?!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:21 PM, Blogger Callummck said...

sorry sorry sorry for not posting for aeges.

more coming soon!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home