Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Super Mum...!

My mums great. For four months now I have been acting as social worker for Masuma. Someone to talk to. You may remember her from previous posts such as Singing behind a headscarf. Masuma is a girl who suffers from severe bullying because she is what a lot of people define as 'weird'.

Since I have got to know Masuma I have been trying to help her overcome her bullying and help build up her self asteam. She came to me a few weeks ago crying and saying how people call her a freak because she wants to be a super hero. OK to me and you perhaps, wanting to be a super hero would be considred rather odd which is cool because I love odd people. Hey I'm Ginger! Ironically enough, other people don't see the positive side to Masumas 'oddness'.

Today Masuma was lucky because she got to meet my mum. In the past I often look to my mum for guideness when tackling issues such as bullying because its an area she is very well in dealing with and resolving. Shes a Super Duper Mum!

I was just going to type more about the situation of Masumas bullying and have just realised I am breaking confidentiallity rules and don't actually think I should go on. Only because I would be sharing information I shouldn't even know. Not that its some top secret agent stuff anyway. But you know how it is.

Well this post is just to say that things may be looking better for Masuma and one of the reasons is because of my mums great experiance in dealing with people in her situation. I just want to say that my mum is a Super Mum!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 1:37 AM, Blogger Roz Lynch said...

Your Mum is pretty great...putting up with you lot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home